This document sets out our policy for responding to requests for deletion of data under GDPR data protection law. This document explains the rights of the data subject in relation to data deletion and the responsibilities of inSHAPE in responding with such a request.
2. Individual Rights
An individual has the right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
3. When does the right to erasure apply?
As stipulated in GDPR EU data protection law, individuals have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed;
- When the individual withdraws consent;
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no other legal ground for the relevant processing activity;
- When the personal data was unlawfully processed;
- Where the personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation;
4. What information does inSHAPE retain?
5. How can data be deleted?
A user of inSHAPE, can delete the user account upon request (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org). This data is deleted from the system immediately and cannot be recovered by any users or inSHAPE employees after this point. Data which has been deleted or otherwise destroyed can not be recovered at any time. Sufficient warning is given to the account administrator before data are permanently deleted.
Data may still remain in the systems back-up files, which will be deleted periodically.
Information may be deleted from our database upon request to email@example.com. We undertake to perform the deletion within one month (30 calendar days) and will send you a confirmation once the information has been deleted. Wherever possible, we will aim to complete the request in advance of the deadline.